ENTRY ARCHIVE

Thursday, November 24, 2011

HOLIDAY EDITION VIDEO: SOUTH MT PHX, AZ

---

I realize it may not seem like the below video is in celebration of Thanksgiving 2011... But it is. I'll leave the rest open for interpretation.

Also, this is the second time I have used Joanna Newsom's On a Good Day. It has never been the original version curiously enough. In case you haven't caught on, the song means a lot to me.

The first time I used it was in a MINICONCEPTDOC called Zenith. For that short the great Theo Langason used parts of the song in a remix/sampled/mashup. I made a request to him to use the song if he could. It is gorgeous and was beyond my expectations when I received it. You can watch that here:



Here is Ms. Newsom performing the song on Letterman. It's quite lovely. I must have watched this at least four dozen times:



And finally, a version covered by Robin Pecknold is used in today's holiday short doc, SOUTH MT PHX, AZ:

No comments:

Post a Comment