ENTRY ARCHIVE

Friday, March 26, 2010

MINICONCEPTDOC #13: BALK

---

FINALLY! Oh this was a doozy! I had my first MCD fail... Though I hope to return to it in the future. Then, in creating Balk, I had numerous technical/artistic difficulties in exporting. I imagine if I am going to make 50 of these things (I hope!) then I will encounter more bumps along the way. I'll call this a life lesson. I've learned to be quicker on my feet.

Today's topic spans a history of baseball that runs from the 19th century to my own childhood to the brawls on the field today. I hope it's not a stretch and works on some level.

As I say in the film, 1985-1987 were some great years. Can you spot me in each:


CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE.

Music this week was provided by World Whirl 3. I can't get this haunting little ditty out of my head. I've been humming it all night and morning.

This short is dedicated to encouragement and perseverance!



LARGER VERSION AVAILABLE AT MINICONCEPTDOCS CHANNEL, HERE

---

1 comment:

  1. "...and they began throwing the ball around in a careless manner"

    I remember watching baseball late at night on a small black and white set with my father. I watched the earthquake during the world series whenever that was on this set.

    One of my memories, however, is when someone charged the mound and Nolan Ryan promptly put him in a headlock and beat the crap out of him. Classic.

    I love the shots of your old little league field. The one from behind the plate of the small refreshment counter or whatever it is is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete