ENTRY ARCHIVE

Monday, February 22, 2010

MINICONCEPTDOC #4: RABBLEMENT

---

For the record, this Sunday's MINICONCEPTDOC WAS completed on time. You can check the time-stamp on the Youtube upload!

However, I was not able to blog or Tweet about the finished piece because a certain Jelissa had occupied our production office to finish their latest podcast.

While they were working I fell asleep reading comics, and when I woke up at a little past midnight I was too groggy to remember to post #4's blog.

Now, on with the show.... Rabblement was a doozy. I experimented with about four different ideas, one even evolved a crazed 19th century sea-captain wielding a revolver, an ax, and club!

In the end, I went with my very first idea. I should have trusted my instincts. I suppose I wasn't sure I could make it interesting.

The actual film is a bit of irony. It deals with the inherent conflicts and some might say paradoxes of documentary filmmaking. It calls into question history, memory, veracity, representation, and reality. All serious business to me, people!

Without further delay, I present to you, RABBLEMENT:



LARGER VERSION AVAILABLE AT MINICONCEPTDOCS CHANNEL, HERE

---

2 comments:

  1. Love the voiceover reading, Bobby, and the pullout transforming a shot of one (possibly compassionate) officer into a scene overwrought with menacing authority figures. I think Errol would applaud.

    ReplyDelete