ENTRY ARCHIVE

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bookface and Videotrace

---

Lots of little newsies today.

1.

I have finally ripped and compressed Enthusiast: The 9th Art. It's a little painful to watch. There are some nice moments, but they seem overshadowed by the massive technical shortcomings. On a meta level, it's a document of a documentary. Consider it a documentary on my development as well as comics.

Anyway, to watch it, you must guess the password. It's my second favorite superhero.

Email me for a hint if you can't get it. Though I doubt anyone is reading this except for maybe Justin and Kyle, so I don't expect to get any emails.

[UPDATE - I REMOVED ENTHUSIAST. AFTER I TOLD JUSTIN THE PASSWORD, I WATCHED SOME OF IT AGAIN AND THE SOUND WAS HORRIBLE. MOST OF IT WAS IN MONO, IT WAS BAD. I HAVE RECOMPRESS AND POST LATER]

2.

Still in development on the Whitman project for the gallery piece. I think I'm finally moving in a good direction with it. Here are some still pulled from the video.

Previously I posted Whitman's Faces poem. The Face is something I have been giving serious consideration to for a while now. It is at the heart of my writing in media and comics when considering the Other and ethical responsibility. The face is our first encounter with the other.

This has me thinking about Facebook, and what is this thing. I see these little faces, their updates, their thoughts, opinions... But what do I know I them. They're passing, peripheral. They are persona. Can I know them? Are these representations important?

That's what I am looking for in this piece.









3.

As previously mentioned the Edison Proposal has been working on a new single. I like the direction the song is going in. I filmed the recording process and am editing it into a low-fi video of the song and the days events.

Here is a clip:




4.

Finally, and regarding the new EP song... Stefan likes the track and will play cello on it! That will be recorded sometime within the week of Jan. 24th.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment