ENTRY ARCHIVE

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MINICONCEPTDOC #9: ODD

---

My idea for the MINICONCEPTDOC project came from a couple of places. First, I have friends that have participated in "a-photo-a-day" blogs, and I have been seeing similar things pop-up over the last five years.

My friend Michael made a song a day for a whole year some years back (Before this became a phenomenon!). I've also seen blogs for "a-poem-day", or short story Twitter contests.

I have always appreciated the challenge of these endeavors and decided to jump in on it.

The final "convincer" was a contest on Vimeo I was invited to. It's called Very Short Documentaries. The challenge is to make a documentary no longer that 1 minute based on a given topic. A new topic is given about each month. The first challenge was "Happiness".

I used a film I already had in the bag for that one.

So with that, I threw my hat in the ring with their contest and started my own blog around the same idea. I wanted to push myself i the hopes that these ideas could be a platform on a springboard for new, bigger ideas.

The second topic for Very Short Documentaries has just been announced: "Odd"

For Wednesday's MCD I created a "twofer". I am using "Odd" for both my MCD blog and the Very Short Documentary Vimeo contest.

I won't say much about what I've done. Instead, I will ask YOU a question:

What is "odd" in/about this film?



This week's score was donated by Jessica Emmons and Melissa Blatcher as World Whirl 3. Their track was oddly inspiring!

---

2 comments:

  1. What is odd about this video is that you managed to give every gas station the background music they deserve. gas prices make every trip to the pump a creepy mystery with the threat of lost limbs (I.E. arm leg.)
    jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without images of your beard, this is not as odd as it could be.

    ReplyDelete