ENTRY ARCHIVE

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Wrap it up

---

1.

Well, this Christmas' gift theme was the graphic novel.

I am very excited that for the first time, in a long time, I won't have to research anything, write anything, shoot anything, edit anything, or read anything for a project. I can just sit, relax, and read for my own enjoyment this winter break.

And so, I give you my winter break reading list:

The Book of Genesis Illustrated by R. Crumb



A Drifting Life by Yoshihiro Tatsumi




All and Sundry
by Paul Hornschemeier




Buddy Does Jersey
by Peter Bagge



The Complete Peanuts 1971-1974 (Box Set)(Vol. 11-12), No introduction necessary...



2.

For a bit I thought I was stagnating on my "Procession" project. But on Christmas morning, as it has happened on so many a fine and wondrous Christmas mornings, a present was given to me. It was merely a spark, an idea, but I knew I had the final piece I was looking for.

To achieve this, all I will need is scores of people, a little of luck, and a whole lot of spirit and love. Let's hope for the best, and many volunteers. Will you be there to walk on Friday, March 26, 2010?

Perhaps these words will inspire you:


As I Walk These Broad Majestic Days


As I walk these broad majestic days of peace,
(For the war, the struggle of blood finish'd, wherein, O terrific
Ideal,
Against vast odds erewhile having gloriously won,
Now thou stridest on, yet perhaps in time toward denser wars,
Perhaps to engage in time in still more dreadful contests, dangers,
Longer campaigns and crises, labors beyond all others,)
Around me I hear that eclat of the world, politics, produce,
The announcements of recognized things, science,
The approved growth of cities and the spread of inventions.

I see the ships, (they will last a few years,)
The vast factories with their foremen and workmen,
And hear the indorsement of all, and do not object to it.

But I too announce solid things,
Science, ships, politics, cities, factories, are not nothing,
Like a grand procession to music of distant bugles pouring,
triumphantly moving, and grander heaving in sight,
They stand for realities—all is as it should be.

Then my realities;
What else is so real as mine?
Libertad and the divine average, freedom to every slave on the
face of the earth,
The rapt promises and luminé of seers, the spiritual world,
these centuries-lasting songs,
And our visions, the visions of poets, the most solid
announcements of any.

3.

Tonight, or technically, shall I say last night, the Edison Proposal practiced for the first time in a while.

Camaraderie was high and so I had quite a bit of fun. We rehearsed a few numbers already in the can, banged 'em out in fine fashion.

I then started to play a few notes and the band followed right behind me, and all of a sudden we had a new song. We recorded it on Pete's camera as you can see below. Before this recording, we literally played the tune one-and-a-half times...

As we tighten it, I think it will be quite nice. Dare I say, rockin'

Highlights of this practice:

a. Kyle's wickedly developing stache-supreme.

b. All the flannel in the house: Justin, Kyle, Pete, Bobby

c. My brimmed cap.

d. Dave's overall pleasantness.

The EP practice ended with a pleasant supper at PJ Whelihan's.

I then got to see the newly realized Sherlock Holmes and quite enjoyed it!



And, without further adieu, the new demo (please forgive my whiny and annoying voice at the end):

No comments:

Post a Comment